Tourism in Austria
Austria is among the top regions for international tourists.
Austria's tourism and leisure industry
- plays an important role in the Austrian economy;
- contributes significantly to Austria's GDP (approx. 10% in 2021);
- is one of the biggest employers in Austria (e.g., more than 217.000 people in the catering and hotel industry, and many of those coming from outside of Austria).
There is a large number of different tourism businesses in the countryside (most of them are family businesses), as well as in the cities, such as Vienna, Graz, Linz, Salzburg and Innsbruck.
Living and Working Conditions in Austria
Did you know that Austria has been among the countries with the highest quality of life worldwide for decades, according to several reputable international studies?
Excellent public transportation, well-developed and free education, universal and accessible healthcare, extremely low crime rates, a rich cultural heritage, and tons of outdoor activities due to Austria´s phenomenal landscape. This list could certainly be continued. Obviously, Austria offers a lot to its residents.
More specifically, the incoming workforce can expect, among other things
- health care insurance, as well as unemployment- and retirement insurance;
- a regular increase of wages secured by collective bargaining;
- legally granted representation;
- a modern work system and state-of-the-art training;
- support from the employer regarding the migration & integration process;
- an active expat community, as nearly 1/3 of Austria´s residents have a migration background.
Therefore, we cordially invite you, dear skilled & qualified professionals, to participate in this success and make Austria the country of your future. #YourFutureMadeInAustria